Everyone knows that when the weather outside gets frightful in the Texas Hill Country that it’s time to bundle up our children, ourselves, and any pint-sized pets for time spent outdoors. You’re probably prepared with an arsenal of mittens and scarves knitted by grandma, and warm coats that hang unused in closets for most of the year. But, Holloway Plumbing wants to know, are you familiar with how to prevent your pipes from freezing? Did you know your pipes might need a little bundling too? A plumbing pipe that freezes and bursts during a cold snap could end up costing you a whole lot of money in water damages and plumbing repairs to your Kerrville, Boerne, and Fredericksburg home. Winterizing your plumbing pipes is key, and Holloway is here to help you do that.
Tips for Preventing Frozen Water Pipes & Water Damages in the Texas Hill Country:
- Do you know where your main water shut-off valve is? If you don’t, find out and then make sure other occupants know its location as well. This way, if you ever do have a busted pipe, you’ll be able to shut off the water ASAP.
- If you have plumbing pipes in unheated areas, wrap them in insulation tubes.
- Check along the foundation of your home for any little cracks; then fill the cracks with foam insulation and caulking so that cold air won’t be able to get in and come into contact with your pipes.
- If you’re going away on vacation, you can turn down your heat to save energy, but don’t set your thermostat for less than 55° F.
- If the weather is extremely cold, leave cabinets with plumbing pipes in them open so that the pipes can get a little extra heat.
- Seal up any drafty spots in your home that might allow cold air to reach your plumbing pipes.
If you need further help winterizing your plumbing pipes in Kerrville, Boerne, or Fredericksburg, contact Holloway Plumbing. Our expert plumbers will be happy to help you figure out which precautions are necessary to take in your home or business. And, if you ever do have a frozen water pipe or burst pipe, our plumbing company offers emergency pipe repair 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so don’t hesitate to give Holloway Plumbing a call!
We are here to help all of our Kerrville, Fredericksburg, Boerne, & Texas Hill Country neighbors with all of their plumbing needs. Feel free to contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and our qualified technicians will help remedy any of your plumbing issues. And for testimonials, money saving tips and coupons, visit us on the web or call one of our friendly representatives today. We’re working hard to be your plumber for life. For plumbing the right way, call Holloway! Contact Us today!