During cold winters, outdoor plumbing sometimes gets neglected, but spring has finally arrived, so it’s time to give your outdoor plumbing some much-deserved attention! You’ll probably be getting into some outdoor activities this spring and summer, and whether it’s washing the car, yard work, barbequing, or household repairs, you’ll want to make sure your outdoor plumbing is functioning properly when you need it. Take a look at our Fredericksburg plumbing company’s spring outdoor plumbing checklist to get you started!
Spring Outdoor Plumbing Checklist for Fredericksburg, Boerne, and Kerrville
– Clear yard drains. You don’t want any excess water hanging out around your home. Check your outdoor drains for any kind of debris or plant life that might block the water’s path of proper drainage.
– Clean out the gutters. Not everyone likes this chore, but it is a necessary one. When your gutters are clogged with leaves or other debris, rainwater may not be able to make its way away from your home. If your gutters are filled with gunk, you might end up with a pool of water near your home which can end up leaking into your basement and causing further problems.
– Install a backflow valve. Certain areas have issues with sewer wastewater backing up into homes. If you think your home might be at risk, save yourself from a disgusting mess by taking this opportunity to look into backflow prevention.
– Check your plumbing vent pipes for clogs. Birds love using plumbing vents for nesting! While we love little baby birds, our Fredericksburg plumbers know that nests in plumbing vents can cause your plumbing fixtures to drain very slowly.
– Test your outdoor faucets and hose bibs. A dripping faucet could indicate that you’ve had a frozen pipe that cracked over the winter months. Water leaks from an outdoor faucet or hose could end up costing you money on your water bill.
At Holloway Plumbing, we look forward to helping you with any plumbing service you may need. Prepare to enjoy your summer now by making sure all of your outdoor plumbing is in good shape! For expert plumbing repairs and plumbing installations in Fredericksburg, Boerne, and Kerrville, TX, count on Holloway Plumbing!